Lumbini, the birthplace of Buddha, known as light of Asia is placed in Terai about 250 km south-west of Kathmandu, the capital city. Lumbini falls in the list of World Heritage Sites recognized by UNESCO in 1997 AD. And, you will get a chance to visit various Buddhist monasteries like- Nepalese, Chinese, Thai etc. Lumbini is the palce to visit if you want to learn and be one with Buddha and wonderful teachings. The major attraction of Lumbini is the Sacred Garden- the Mayadevi Temple to the west, the Ashoka Pillar which was put up by Emperor Ashoka in 249 BC to honor his visit to the holy site.
The words on it in Brahmi script confirm Lumbini as the birthplace of Buddha in 623 B.C. We can also see the sanctified pond Puskarni to the south of the Pillar where Queen Mayadevi took a bath just before giving birth to the Buddha.Lumbini tour offers you to the visit to spiritual and archeological sites of Tilaurakot, Gotihawa, Kudan, Siddharthanagar, Niglihara, Sagarhawam Aurorakot. Tilaurakot is the ancient Kapilavastu, the capital of Shakyas. It is believed that Buddha spent his first 29 years there. Kudan was built by king Sudhodhan as the space for the Buddha and his followers after Buddha’s enlightenment.
Day to Day Itinerary
- Day 01: Kathamndu to Lumbini by Bus/ Flight & only ½ day sightseeing around Lumbini garden. Dinner & overnight at hotel.
- Day 02:After breakfast, depart to Kathmandu by bus / Flight at 7 am or for more ½ day visit one can fly at evening with extra cost.
- Day 01: Drive by car or by bus to Rafting starting point in Trisuli river, Raft in trisuli about 3 hours then drive to Chitwan National Park, accommodation in Sauraha.
- Day 02: A complte excretions in National Park,Accomodation
- Day 03: Early morning Bird wathing then After Breakfast transfer to Lumbini( Buddha;s Birth Place, seight seeing in Lumbini then drive 2 hours to Palpa, tansen,Accomodation in Srinagar Resort( BB Plan).
- Day 04: After sunrise , enjoy your breakfast then drive to Pokhara about 4 hours, Accomodation , In the afternoon seeing in Pokhara( Devi’s fall, Gupteswori Cave, World Peace stupa, mountain Museum, Tibetan refuse camp
- Day 05: Early morning drive to Sarangkot for sunrise( Enjoy your time) then back to Hotel have breakfast and free for boating and shopping then afternoon drive to Bandipur for 2 hours,Accomodation.
- Day 06: Enjoy the view from bandipur, explore bandipur with traditional newari culture and around 12 noon drive back to Kathmandu by car, FREE from the programme.